Monday, August 29, 2011

You are a Blue Germ

Kiki walked up to me while I was working and said, "We ate chook (Korean rice gruel)."
I said, "That's good. Did you eat it all?"
"No, it's in the fridge."
"Oh, OK. That's a good place to put it. Do you know why?"
"No."
"If you leave it out, germs will think it's dinner time and start to eat it. But, if you put it in the fridge, they won't."
"I don't like germs."
"I know. That's why we put the food in the fridge. We don't want the germs to eat it. We want to eat it."
"You're a germ!"
"No, you are. You're a Kiki germ."
"You're a daddy germ."
"What color germ am I?"
"You're a blue germ."
"What about Rowan?"
"He's a purple germ."
"How about you?"
"I'm a blue germ. Mama's a black germ. Uncle Steve is a white germ. Halbi (grandpa) is a black germ."
"Are you a hard germ or a squishy germ?"
"I dunno."
"Here, lemme check and find out." I picked her up and started tickling her. She squealed and squirmed loose, then ran off to the kitchen yelling, "Maaama, you're a germ!"

No comments:

Post a Comment